Mardi Gras 2018 – Colony Limo Service Houston
February 2-13, 2018
One of the biggest events of the year is approaching Galveston this weekend. Mardi Gras dates back thousands of years and is a widely celebrated festival across the globe. Get prepared for the famous public festival where over 300,000 tourists and revelers gather each year.
With Colony Limo you can trust to get there safely and efficiently, then party/celebrate to your heart’s desire with no worries. You can drink as much as you want, we’ll take care of you. Request a party bus or limousine with your friends, and have fun on the way to the fun! Our chauffeurs can take you to Galveston from Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, The Woodlands, and the surrounding areas.
Here are some tips and recommendations to make the most of Mardi Gras with friends and family!
- Believe it or not, masks were illegal at one point. It wasn’t until the mid-1820s that the ban on masks were lifted. From then on, masks has become a key part of the Mardi Gras culture. You’ll witness a variety of masks from the simplest ones to the most elaborate and beautiful masks witnessed.
- Dressing for Mardi Gras are one of the joys of participating in the cultural phenomenon. You’ll definitely see a lot of crazy costumes! Dress to impress in the colors of Mardi Gras:
· Purple, symbolizing Justice
· Gold, symbolizing power
· Green, symbolizing Faith
- Don’t forget the beads, but even if you do they’ll be plenty of beads and trinkets thrown around in the parade (you might even want to bring a bag)!
Mardi Gras offers exciting contests open to local artists, Galveston residents or just lovers of the island! The winner can win $1,000 and you never know, the odds could be in your favor! Whether you compete or watch, it will be an exciting event you should check in on. Contests this year of 2018 includes:
- Mardi Gras Official Poster Contest
- Mardi Gras Umbrella Decorating Contest
- Mardi Gras Coloring Contest
This 107th celebration of Mardi Gras encourages its participants to join the fun and take part in the 2018 Jolly Jester Jaunt 5k run. Running may seem like the last thing as fun, but the Mardi Gras 5k is the perfect opportunity to explore the great city of Galveston. Start the day off with a liberating sprint, paced run, or slow jog in the 5k then follow up your day with plenty more Mardi Gras celebrations and drinks! Enjoy the perks of participating in the run as well:
- Free libation (drinks) after your run
- Event T-shirt
- General Admission Ticket into Mardi Gras
Now to everyone’s favorite part of Mardi Gras, the parades! Mardi Gras holds exotic, exhilarating parades that are sure to intrigue all its attendees. Be astonished by the extraordinary colorful floats, krewes, marching bands, bead throwing, music, and much more! There are a couple favorites we’ve listed:
- Island ETC Mardi Gras Parade Viewing Party (Feb 10th at 3 pm): One of the best proclaimed parties on the island!
- Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade (Feb 10th 6:30 pm): This year’s’ theme of “Pirates of the Caribbean” is sure to entertain the young and old!
- Mystic Krewe of Aquarius 21st Annual Fat Tuesday (Feb 3rd, 12 – 3pm): In the last hours of the Mardi Gras celebration, everyone’s favorite traditional parade will roll through downtown featuring 8 amazing marching bands
If you’re enjoying Mardi Gras with the family, bring the kids to some of family parade favorites:
- Krewe of Barkus & Meoux Parade (Feb 3rd, 12 – 3 pm)
- Mardi Gras Children’s Parade (Feb 11th at 3:30 pm)
Mardi Gras is the widely popular festival that comes only once a year. Whether you’re young, older, with family or friends, you can have wonderful time! If you’re looking for a trustworthy limo or party bus for an affordable price, Colony Limo is just the perfect leader offering reliable limo hire services in the greater Houston area.