Must Dos at Houston 2017 Rodeo
The Houston 2017 Rodeo is in town from March 7-26 and you don’t want to miss it. We’ve listed a couple key must dos to guarantee a fun time and the full “Texas Rodeo” experience.
Music & Concerts
The Houston Rodeo stage has been a home to our favorite entertainers from Elvis Presley to Usher to George Strait. This year the concerts ranges from a variety of entertainers. You’re going to want to be sure to catch one of your beloved artist’s concert. Performers this year include:
- Alicia Keys (March 10th)
- Alan Jackson (March 11th)
- The Chainsmokers (March 12th)
- Sam Hunt (March 13th)
- Luke Bryan (March 16th)
- Fifth Harmony (March 17th)
- Blink-182 (March 23rd)
- Brad Paisley (March 25th)
The Rodeo Hideout
After the concert you can kick up your heels and join The Rodeo Hideout where adults 21 and older come to dance along to some of the best Texas country music. Whether you want to join as early as 6pm or 11pm, no worries! The hideout begins at 6 till midnight.
Houston’s talented up and coming artists
The Rodeo also offers amazing performances from Houston’s talented up and coming artists, so show your love to your local artistes such as:
- Meghan Anderson
- The Boykin Brothers
- Back in Black
- And many other talented artists!
If you seek more local music entertainment you must catch the impressive youth singing competition!
Livestock & Horse Shows
The Houston Rodeo wouldn’t be the same without its Livestock & Horse Shows. There are plenty of shows for you to catch, the options are plentiful almost overwhelming! No worries we’ve compiled some well-known shows that are definitely worth a watch.
- Bareback Riding: The most thrilling and physically demanding show! Cowboys put their strength and ability to hold on without any support to the test!
- Barrel Racing: This all-women’s event requires a team effort from the cowgirl and her horse as they race against the clock to complete the Barrel obstacle.
- Bull Riding: One of the most famous shows as cowboys faces off with a bull weighing up to 2,000 pounds! This show is sure to put some adrenaline into your system!
- Chuck Wagon Racing: Giving the sense of the old West this race features 3 teams as their horses drag their wagons to the finish line!
- Junior and Open Show: The Houston Livestock show is the world’s “largest and most prestigious” livestock exhibition. Exhibitors from across the world compete and only the best of the best will earn the Houston Championship.
You don’t want to miss the main attractions of the Houston Rodeo! The Houston Rodeo provides activities and attractions of wide options.
- Visit the Birthing Center where you’ll be face to face with the baby animals as they take their first steps!
- Go to the Breed Row Barn and get a close look at the various breeds of cattle, sheep, and goats
- Take the family to the Petting Zoo and Pony Rides where the kids can interact with the adorable farm animals.
- See the cute baby chicks hatch at The Poultry and enjoy the company of the friendly Rabbits at the rabbit exhibition!
- Stop by the Moonlight Market and shop to your heart’s desire! Buy your favorite Rodeo attire, décor for the house, or even a souvenir for yourself and friends!
After a long day at the Rodeo you’re going to be starving. You’re in luck! The Houston Rodeo has some of the yummiest eats known. Whether you want wine and dine or grab yourself a quick and simple eat, the Rodeo has it.
- The Rodeo offers more than 100 restaurants (https://goo.gl/ZJG9DO)
- Juicy, big Turkey Legs
- Sweet Funnel Cakes
- From Fried Oreos to Fried pickles to Fried Twinkies
- BBQ Sandwiches
- Loaded Baked potatoes
- Pizza on a Stick
- Sausage on a Stick
- A classic, delicious cheeseburger
When planning for the rodeo you don’t worry about the hassle of parking and traffic, let Colony Limo take care of you. Choose from a variety of our vehicles from a SUV to a luxury limousine. So start planning your day at the Rodeo with your friends and family, and with these tips you’ll be sure to have a great time!